Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Exploring the Work of Dan Flavin

Exploring the Work of Dan Flavin

I shared my current project with my OU Photography Professor, Todd Stewart and he said it reminded him of work produced by Dan Flavin, who passed away in 1996. I had no idea and was just really blown away. I love his work. Dan Flavin’s large-scale work in colored fluorescent light for six buildings at the Chinati Foundation in Marfa, Texas. Cool. Go check out this link:

http://www.chinati.org/visit/collection/danflavin.php




Soon, I will be posting a little bit of my work from the Underground which I've made that are similar to the style of Flavin. It's interesting to see your work appearing similar to another's work when you had never even seen it. Hopefully soon, when I have a few days off, I can make a quick trip to Marfa and check Flavin's work out in person.

Shelly Perkins Photography www.shellyperkins.com