Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day from Shelly Perkins Photography





I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Independence Day! I hope you enjoy this Fourth of July. I would like to thank all the military, police, firefighters, EMT's and all those that work to protect our great country. Thank you for fighting for the freedoms that we all enjoy. Thank you also to their families and the many sacrifices that are made.

I am so fortunate to live in this country, to be able to worship God and walk the street without hiding my face or wearing a burka. I'm so lucky to be able to pray, anytime or anywhere. I can pray in public, before having our meal. I'm so lucky to be able to choose to marry my husband and not be required to marry for a dowry or an arranged marriage. I'm so thankful to live in this great country we call America. God Bless America.

Just wanted to share an image I made last year at Niagara Falls. We spent time in New York and were in Niagara Falls over July 4th weekend. Everyone have a safe day and spend it with those you love.