Thursday, July 29, 2010

POPS with Pops by Shelly Perkins Photography







































If you live in this great state of Oklahoma or are fortunate enough to travel through, I must suggest you head out to old Route 66 in Arcadia for an afternoon. It's only five miles off of I-35, so you can make a quick stop and get back on the interstate if you're headed North or South.

My husband and I had a great family day with two of our daughters and my father at Pops. The girls said let's take "Pops to Pops today!" What a great idea. I know I'm sounding like a commercial right now, but it's a great place to grab a good ole' burger at a good price and have some fun with the family. There are so many types of sodas to choose from (Yes, I said Soda...living in New York for a time keeps the 'Soda' word in my vocabulary. LOL) Of course you can't take a trip without taking the infamous tourist photo in front of the 60 foot soda pop bottle, so don't forget your camera.

After you have a meal at Pop's, head a little farther East on Route 66 to check out the Round Barn. My kids loved standing in the middle listening to their voices echo. Downstairs is a little museum with an old timer who is pretty interesting to speak to and will share stories of the old round barn if you just ask. This summer is going by so quick and I want to make memories with my children they will remember.




Shelly Perkins Photography
www.shellyperkins.com