Thursday, August 26, 2010

Moving my Daughter to College


Although we have had some hard times over the past couple of weeks, losing my step-father, we have also had some wonderful things happen as well. My oldest daughter, Courtney, started her freshman year at college. I'm so proud of her. Her father and I helped her move. Wow, I didn't know one teenager would need so much stuff.

I'm so proud of her and at the same time, I am still astonished that the time has gone so quickly. I look at her baby pictures and think "What happened? How can she already be starting college?" I'm glad I've been able to record so many moments on film so she may share these images with her children. I believe when we make a portrait, we are recording a moment in time. We are preserving a memory and recording a life lived. Time goes by so quickly and just as my daughter is growing up, your children will too. Make an appointment with a professional photographer, whether it is me or another photographer, to have a portrait made of your child. It will be something that you will treasure for all of your life.