Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Don't Ya Love Technology?


Don't ya love Technology?

Growing up I was able to experience so many changes in technology. I remember when my grandparents purchased one of the first microwaves, dials and all. My parents took me to their house to watch something cook in less than five minutes. WOW! Now,that I think about it... cooking something in less than an hour was quite a feat. LOL

I remember getting our first video game....the Atari. Wow, wasn't playing Pong for hours the greatest thing? LOL Yeah, right?

I know I'm making myself sound old but I just can't believe how in the last 30 years how quickly technology has progressed. I'm sure it would blow our minds if we could look into the next 30 years or even the next 100. What is in store for us? I know one thing is that it seems like a lot more time is taken away by trying to update our Facebook sites, email pics to grandma, tweet something useful on Twitter, update the Blog, check our five different email accounts, etc, etc.... Wow, this is NOT what I had in mind when I was so excited to get an email account years ago while living in New York. I thought I could instantly message my family or send an email and save money on my phone bills. Now, it takes so much time to make sure so many sites and accounts, business or personal info, is updated.

I know as a parent it's hard to find time to do it all... Sometimes I'm out shooting everyone else's photos and I wait until the last minute to photograph my own children. I've tried to be better at that this year. So just remember, although technology is amazing and I'm not saying to take it away (what ever would I do without Facebook? LOL) but take some time from your busy schedule and all those updates and make a life for yourself and especially for your children. (Plus... you can always take a pic or two to post on FB later~ lol)