Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Route 66 Kicks by Shelly Perkins Photography


I recently was able to spend an afternoon with my husband cruising in my convertible down Route 66. Living in Oklahoma, we are lucky to have a strip of this historical mother road with some really cool attractions and sites. One of my favorite places to take my kids is Pops in Arcadia, Oklahoma. It's so fun to watch them debate over the hundreds of choices of soda.

We had a great day trip driving on Route 66. Luckily, my husband is a pretty good sport and never growls when I want to stop somewhere to shoot pics. I wanted to make sure I made a funky shot with the Route 66 sign to signify the fun associated with the road. I hope you enjoy this shot which I'm going to metal print and hang in my own home.

So if you or your kiddos get bored, jump in your car and get your kicks on Route 66.

Shelly Perkins Photography
www.shellyperkins.com