Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vintage Blacksmith in Grapevine

Vintage Blacksmith in Grapevine

For all those western decor lovers and those who love the old west, I made this image with thoughts of times long ago. We've taken several family trips to Grapevine, Texas and really love the area. There is such a variety of things to do and living in Oklahoma, it's not that far for a great vacation.

Grapevine offers such a variety of places to visit, shops of all types and price range and things to do no matter what your age. If you've got a family full of kids, you'll probably want to stay at either Great Wolf Lodge or the Gaylord Texan. Been to both resorts and there's lots to do. If you're a shopper, then hit the outlets at Grapevine Mills. We bought my oldest daughter's prom dress, shoes and jewelry here. (BTW-she looked beautiful.) If you're like my husband and enjoy vintage like railroads and museums, or like me who and enjoy live artist exhibitions, go downtown around the railroad and check it out.

Here I go on my travel planner tips again ~ but I always like to share when I've found a great place for my family to visit. ;0) Made this image on our last trip ~ I love all things vintage and the idea of a simpler life. Enjoy.


Shelly Perkins Photography www.shellyperkins.com