Monday, November 12, 2012

My Inner Trip to Wonderland



~~ November 12, 2012 @ 3:50 am My inner trip to Wonderland
I am continuing my journey to my own "Wonderland" and have found many roads I could choose to travel. As I work through my idea and storyline, I relax and let my mind take me on a journey to a make-believe space and to a time which is always speeding along, too quickly and yet it almost stands still. I find inspiration all around in small objects that are often missed or ignored and I feel compelled to photograph these small details, up-close in a minimalist way, keeping the images simple to show the importance of each object. I have photographed Alice's legs and feet. This is a tool which are going to take us to our adventure through Wonderland and Alice's dreams. We notice the key and wonder what kind of door it might open. We see a stack of disheveled cards with the Queen of Hearts on the top to show the domination the queen possesses. A purple, fat, whimsical cat looks the viewer in the eye while other images of clocks and time pieces have importance to the story. Each small part helps to represent the larger part of depth of the story of Alice's journey.