Monday, March 11, 2013

Finding Inspiration in Eugenio Recuenco







I'm back at the University of Oklahoma this semester studying Fine Art. In a search for inspirational photographers, I have found a photographer and a style which I am completely and totally in awe ~ from Madrid, Spain, Eugenio Recuenco.

Already in love with Spain, he gives me more reason to love it. I've had the chance to visit Espana with my husband a few years ago and I completely fell in love with the country. It reminded me a lot of Oklahoma with it's grassy fields and gorgeous horses in the Andalusian region near Cádiz and Rota. Enough on Spain, check out one of their amazing photographers....

Here's a link to his online portfolio for some eye candy. http://www.eugeniorecuenco.com/ As I experiment with my own work, I feel drawn to this photographer's vision. The images have a cinematography feel with fantasy blurring the lines between imagined and real life.

Here's a link to an informational blog containing works by Eugenio Recuenco ~ http://www.wicked-halo.com/tag/eugenio-recuenco

Above are a few of the images I found to be sooo inspiring. Remember ~ nothing is original. So with that, I will make my own work using Recuenco as inspiration for my fantasy photographic project at OU.



The images contained within this blog may be under a copyright law. I am not selling these images but merely using them for my own personal inspiration to make photographic works at the university. ~ SP