Monday, January 10, 2011

First Female Governor of Oklahoma


Today was a historic day for the State of Oklahoma. Governor Mary Fallin was elected as the first female Governor of our great state. Despite your political view, this is a great achievement! I attended the event with my husband and my two youngest daughters.

Anyone who has lived in Oklahoma knows the climate changes constantly. One day it can be 90 degrees and the next, the temperature can drop into the teens. Add the nearly constant wind and it can become quite chilly. Oklahoma decided to provide white snowflakes as the backdrop to this historical event and let me tell you, yes it was very cold.

However, we did have a good time and although I'm still thawing out, I was excited to be able to have my daughters attend.

Moore, Oklahoma Children's Photographer
Shelly Perkins Photography
http://www.shellyperkins.com/