Thursday, January 6, 2011

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONs by Shelly Perkins Photography

So I have several New Year's resolutions probably like the rest of you. I'm sure some have already broken many and if you're like me, you've procrastinated to think of them until a week into the New Year. ;0)

My PHOTOGRAPHY New Year's Resolutions ~

1. NOT scheduling too much OR NOT having family time
I LOVE what I do and everything I do is Full Steam ! I am always traveling somewhere or working on a new project. I want to remember the most important things in my life and that's Christ and my family.

2. Continually attend educational classes and workshops to keep it fresh and fun
I've already enrolled in the upcoming Professional Photographer's convention for this year. My husband and I were able to attend together last year in Nashville, Tennessee. This month we're headed to San Antonio, Texas to attend classes with some of the biggest name photographers in the World ! It's going to be rocking and I can't wait to share some of the things I learn (AND of course) there's SHOPPING at the Photography Trade Show too. ;0)

3. Post at least ONE photo a day
I'm very bad about updating my blog with my new work. I'm sure some people wonder if I shoot at all with how little I had posted over the last couple of months. PLUS, I'm REALLY bad about my kids' photos and working on our scrapbooks. One of my daughters told me I've taken photos of her she has never even seen. I always have a camera with me but seem to always put my kids to the end of the line as far as my imaging. That's going to change this year. I will try to POST something once a day.

I won't share all of my other resolutions and personal goals for the year. However, I do want to share the BIGGEST ONE and it is EXPRESSING MY GRATITUDE. I am so thankful to have a wonderful supportive family and amazing friends. I have the greatest clients with the CUTEST kids and have the best job there is. I LOVE shooting photography of all kinds and love making images which I know are going to be keepsakes for these families. Please know, I really appreciate each and everyone of you. THANK YOU for taking time to read my blog and join my Facebook page. THANK YOU all. God Bless, Shelly

You can join my Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/ShellyPerkinsPhotography